Our libraries provide amazing services to our community, and I am always finding out surprising new things that you can do there! From checking out a mobile hotspot to printing a t-shirt, the libraries are so much more than a place to check out books. Here are our favorite things to do at the library besides borrowing books:
- Sensory Kits - sensory kits are to be used within the library only. Anyone can use them, but they are designed for people with autism or sensory challenges to help make the library accessible to all. They include things such as stress balls, noise-cancelling headphones, and weighted blankets.
- Recording Studio - Located at Lodi Library, the recording studio at MCDL houses professional equipment to record, compose, and mix your own music, podcasts, and more. It can be reserved for up to 3 hours.
- Makerspace & Digital Lab - Housed at the Medina Library, the makerspace is home to a sewing machine, serger, embroidery machine, button maker, Cricut, t-shirt press, laser engraver, 3D scanner, 3D printer, large format printer that you can use for FREE (you must bring your own materials)! The digital lab has a VCR, 8mm/Super8 converter, scanners, turntable, and different softwares that you can use for free. Next time you are thinking about a project, check the makerspace and digital lab to see if they have what you need!
- Grief Kits - Grief kits are located in the parenting section of MCDL branches and include resources to support children aged toddler-school age and their parents in the grieving process.
- Early Literacy Kits - These kits are available for checkout and include books, toys, puppets, and activities centered around a theme of interest to young children.
- Research and Learning - MCDL provides access to many different online databases and websites including reference libraries, practice driving tests, LinkedIn Learning, News sites, and much, much, more.
Macaroni Kid Medina is your go-to spot to find local daily events, festivals, local business and attraction info, crafts, recipes, and much, much more!
Don't miss out! Sign up today for our free weekly e-newsletter! Click here!
Follow us on social media