For the thirty-eighth year, Medina County Arts Council is giving the Medina County community a week-long gift of free art experiences.
The middle week of July, the 12th through the 16th, , will feature many art performances, demonstrations and activities. While visiting the Arts Week activities around Medina’s gazebo, attendees can add their own artistic touch to a community mural for all to enjoy. Brunswick Library will be distributing take-and-make activity clay art grab bags for teens during Arts Week. Medina County Art Council is also providing free art classes for underrepresented children in Medina at Sand & Lace Gallery and in Wadsworth at Brush Tips Studios.
On Sunday, July 11 at 5 pm, Kelly Harrison, art teacher at Brunswick Middle School, and friends will be decorating the corner arches of Medina’s Public Square with colorful foam flower decorations made by her art students at Brunswick Middle School. This would be a great photo opportunity!
The following is a day-by-day schedule of Arts Week Activities. All events are free and held at Medina’s Public Square unless indicated.
Monday, July 12
- Noon - Craft Time – join Access the Arts for make-and-take balsa wood airplanes and pinwheels
- 6 pm - Medina Centre for Dance Art students will perform dance routines as a group and solos
- 7:00-8:30pm – Medina Library on Zoom : Design Your Own Animal Crossing Cards (grades 6-12) register at mcdl.info
- 7:30 pm - Bobby Ray & Night Train – high energy version of classic blues and blues influenced songs. Bobby Ray Laferty from Brunswick on guitar and singing lead, Gene Klaus on Drums and vocals and Mark Langworthy on bass and vocals
Tuesday, July 13
- Noon - Ignite Dance Studio-Let’s Line Dance! Bring your dancing shoes and learn to dance!
- 6 pm – Nick Elkevizth & students from Lodi Music – Nick will perform a program of songs with his students using vocals, guitar, bass, piano and violin
- 7:30pm – Henna Artist
- 7:30 pm - Grady Miller – an Americana, Roots & blues duo performing well-crafted original music in an eclectic mix of genres
Wednesday, July 14
- 10:30 am – Chalk Art with Adam Michel at Brunswick Lake Walkway; meet at the Susan Hambley Nature Center to learn about chalk art techniques and create your own chalk art on the walkway.
- Noon - ShowBiz-Theatre At Its Best – join in the fun with the performing actors
- 6 pm - Hailey Peterseim - a junior at Brunswick High Schooll and active in the school theater program as well as BHS choirs including the Madrigals, mixed symphonic and show choir. Career highlights include “Les Miserables” as Madame Thenardier and “Mary Poppins” as Mary Poppins. Hailey is a student at Kimberly States Vocal Studio in Medina and plays ukelele and guitar and enjoys performing at various venues in Medina county.
- 6:30pm – Medina Library on Zoom - Baker’s Basement Swingin’ Folk Funk Concert
- 7:30 pm - Jim Gill – performs crowd favorites from country, folk, pop and classic rock mixed with an original song or two along with some humorous stories
- 7:30 pm – Concert at Lodi Gazebo - bUFFLEhEAD – rock band- sponsored by Lodi Music
Thursday, July 15
- Artists Showcase - Local artists performing/demonstrating in front of various businesses around the Medina square from noon to 8 pm
- Noon - Artist Adam Michel-Chalk It Up! Cloverleaf Middle School art teacher Michel will teach the proper techniques of sidewalk chalk art and everyone will have a chance to fill the sidewalks around the square with their own art
- 6 pm - CAMEO community theatre company; soloists and group performances by CAMEO alumni present “Broadway Songs Brought to your backyard”
- 6:45-7:30 pm – Paint & Pour meet Kelly Harrison, Brunswick Middle School Art Teacher at the gazebo to make a paiint & pour canvas to take home
- 7:30 pm – the winners of three Medina County Arts Council Scholarships will be recognized
- 7:30 pm - Laid Back and Lazy - country & pop covers
Friday, July 16
- Noon – Kimberly States Vocal Studio – student recital
- 6 pm - Medina Community Band Chamber Ensembles - first small ensemble concert on the square will feature flute, clarinet, and trumpet ensembles.
Sunday, July 18
- 10am-5pm – Art in the Park - Medina Arts Week concludes with the annual Medina County Art League’s celebration of the arts featuring over 100 booths of the best area artists in painting, sculptures, photography and more.
Founded in 1983, Medina County Arts Council’s mission is to advocate for, support and nurture the arts in Medina County.